Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Butterbeer Obsession (A Picture Free Post)

I think I have a problem.

I can't stop eating and drinking butterbeer-flavored things.

It started when I discovered this recipe, and now I can't stop eating the syrup that it produces. I'm going to make butterbeer cupcakes for the UGA/Auburn game in a couple of weeks, so that will definitely be an adventure.

For now, I'll share my quick and lazy version of butterbeer syrup. My favorite way to consume it is in coffee with milk. Nothing is better than waking up and feeling like a Hogwarts student when you take your first sip of coffee.

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut by the tablespoon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1/2 teaspoon butter extract

Combine sugars and water. Microwave for about forty seconds until the sugar has melted. Add butter and microwave for another minute and a half.

Remove sugar mixture and add remaining ingredients. Whisk until well-combined and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment